You Are Reading

0

Why I Can't Update the Blog Regularly, or I Can Summarize My Thoughts in a Single Facebook Update


So. I really like writing for my blog, I really do. It's sort of like a journal that I never kept, only I'm older and can speak (type?) a bit more eloquently and I would have more to write about than my favorite Pokemon card (probably either my holographic Charizard or that Japanese Arcanine my older brother gave me) or all the different spells of Harry Potter, not that I wouldn't write about those either here, mind you.

The only real problem here is that, while I have a ton of ideas for things to write about, most of it I can sum up by updating my Facebook status. It might just be because I've grown accustomed to using status updates more and more like what Twitter is used for, though I still refuse to get a Twitter. No matter the cause, though, I've found myself attempting to write a post for about a half hour only to realize I could more appropriately convey my thoughts and opinions on said topic in about a sentence or two on Facebook.




Whoa man. Jump break button? Really? That's BADASS. Before I had to go to all this ridiculous extra formatting to make that work on the other blog, but now they're just handing me a button to do it. Awesome.

Also, if everything works as I want them to, you should be seeing this post at exactly 6 PM today, despite the fact I'm currently writing this at 5:21. Scheduled posting? Sweetness. If only I had enough topics to write about in a single day, I'd write like 6 different posts all at once and space 'em out during the day for your reading pleasure. Hot damn.

Anyways, my point is that in a world where we're always taught to summarize, simplify, and outline, I sometimes feel like I've lost my ability to rant about things and not feel like I'm running the topic against the wall over and over. Ironically enough I'm finding it relatively easy to rant about not being able to rant.

So before I end this post, I'd like to extend an open invitation to you, the reader, to present any topic to me you feel like you'd enjoy hearing me rant about. Go ahead and throw me any sort of topic, be it something simple that I could write about like kittens or something or even a crazy curveball like topiaries. Go ahead! Let your mind wander, but then catch it on the side of the street and be all like "Hey Mind, what's up? I hear you're into the wandering biz now, you oughta go check out this guy I know over there, have a jam sesh with him and just sorta let it all out and share your ideas and stuff, man," only in a way that doesn't imply you're on pretty much all of the drugs.

Also, the picture I used? Totally irrelevant to anything, I just sorta thought it was funny to see a bagel labeled as having "everything." Until I see that said bagel has a Busch Gardens and a moai head statue then I refuse to believe it has everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 All of the Blog