You Are Reading

0

All of the Origins

Unknown Monday, September 7, 2009 , , , , , ,

For my first post I think I'll do a little bit of explaining, namely the title of the blog. If any of you are still following me at this point, you may be wondering "What exactly does 'All of the Blog' mean? 'Cos I'm pretty sure you can't have only 'some' of a blog. That'd just be silly." Now I know none of you are actually thinking that, but if you were, that'd be freaking awesome! That would either make me a mind reader, or a person that can instill thoughts into your brain ala Broseph Stalin or something. Either way! I am now here to explain this mystery to you!


As best I can remember the first instance of the "all of the" happenings was this year around March, during the Massachusetts High School Drama Guild Festival. Our school, Westford Acadamy (which is a PUBLIC school, by the way), was hosting this particular round, meaning it could have been prelims or semis, I really don't know. I was being a goofball in general and was having people write on my arm in sharpie, which is usually not a good idea, but I thought it was fantastic anyways. I told one of my friends to draw and or write something awesome, but she was distraught and didn't know what to do, so naturally I had to come up with something. In the end I told her to draw one of our other friends, one such dubious character known only as "Craig," taking ALL of the naps.

And so she did.

From there on in it was and shall forever remain a rolling joke, the "all of the jokes" joke. Whenever you have to go do something, or go drink something, or go win something, bear in mind that forever you won't simply be doing SOME of the stuff or drinking SOME of the drink or even winning SOME of the game, but instead ALL of it.

Now go forth readers, and make ALL of the jokes!

ED: After consulting with THE Craig from the sacred "all of the jokes" origin story, I was actually completely wrong! Go figure. The actual "all of the jokes" joke started about a month prior to the story I told, in New York City, on a bus. A parent commented on how she had way more trash bags than could be imagined, to which Craig replied "I dunno, I can imagine a LOT of trash bags." Being the person that I am, I naturally had to butt in with the comment "ALL the trashbags," after which I assume many "all of the jokes" jokes were made. So in truth the origin story I originally wrote was in fact simply one of the first spreadings of the "all of the jokes" joke. Carry on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 All of the Blog