You Are Reading

0

Time to Get Serious

Of course I still took time to beat Portal 2 beforehand


Hello once again folks, it's me, your humble and ever subservient writer person thing. It's been a little bit since I last wrote and a fair amount has happened since then! Well, not really. I went to PAX for a day and had fun and got some new music and games, but that's basically your typical week for me, save for the whole PAX thing. But no! No! I'm here to talk about none of that! I'm here to talk about....me being a good student for maybe the first time since sixth grade!

That's right, I'm actually going to try harder than I have in a long time at school. I've made this promise at the beginning of every year since high school, but now I need to be a good student more than ever. I wouldn't say I'm in trouble with any of my classes, but the focus definitely needs to be there, now more than ever. And as such, I shall be giving up gaming until the end of the semester.

I know right?



It wasn't a decision made easily, but I feel it's a necessary one. Gaming has been a part of my life for a very very long time, but as of late I feel I've let it take far too much priority in my life than it should. I've reached the point where I will play games over doing the necessary reading for classes, and then staying up far too late or getting up extra early to get the work done, which is completely unnecessary. And when I say staying up late, I mean like 4 AM and 5 AM, on a consistent basis, with a 10 AM class every day but Friday. It's not exactly healthy. It may even be safe to say I've become overly addicted to gaming, and I say overly because let's face it, I'm already in over my head in this addiction as is. I just can't let it control me is all.

Gaming serves as a catharsis of sorts for me, a way to relax and enjoy myself, and to just escape for a while. Unfortunately, that kind of escapism can't fly when I have only about two and a half weeks of school left and a hell of a lot on the line. As such, I'm distancing myself from all such potential sources of distraction for the remainder of the school year, in order to get my shit in line. And I mean literally no games at all; I've "cut back" in the past but I think that won't help at this point. I need to stifle my obsession in order to come out a stronger person and student. I'm also going to try to limit pointless internet browsing for this period, and instead funnel all my energy and focus towards my studies. And when I just can't do that anymore, I think I'll write here more often. It's a win win! I get good grades, and you guys get to read more of my rambling.

I think this is something everyone can get behind.

Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 All of the Blog